1. Mode of attendance survey
– Last week the local organizing committee sent you the email asking you to inform how you participate in the conference – online/virtual or offline/in person. If you have not completed the survey yet, please do so via Google form here: https://forms.gle/qu33nZbH3A1hJVGV7
– Before making a decision to come to Daegu, please check the latest immigration regulations and guidelines here: http://www.iaspm2022.org/index.php?gt=tra/tra05
2. Keynote Speech (2): Chan E. Park and Jung-sun Lee – From Myongdong ‘Nashville’ to Jongro Pansori Studio: Popular Music Meets Traditional Music / A Musician’s Story
– There will be three Keynote Sessions in the conference. This newsletter will walk you through each and every one of them.
– The second Keynote Speech will be given by Dr. Chan E. Park from Ohio State University (USA) and Prof. Jung-sun Lee from Dongduk Women’s University (South Korea) on July 6th (Wed.), 11:00 am -12:30 pm KST.
– They have been professional musicians in the field since the 1970s. Dr. Park has been performing and researching Korean traditional music such as pansori, Prof. Lee has been an active folk-rock blues guitarist. Therefore, if you are interested in diverse aspects of Korean popular music before K-Pop, you should not miss this keynote speech.
– Full abstract and bio is available here: http://www.iaspm2022.org/index.php?gt=pro/pro01
– Especially, Prof. Lee will have a live concert in the evening after his speech on July 6th (Wed.), 19:00-21:00 KST with the Daegu-based local guitar pop band Cosmic Abalone. Though the concert will be live-streamed, it will not be available after it ends due to copyright issues.
– The concert will be held relying on donations – it is free watching via online, but you will have to donate at least 10,000 KRW when you watch it at the venue in-person. You should RSVP before July 5th (Tue.) 23:59 to enter the venue.
– Detailed information about the concert is available at: http://www.iaspm2022.org/index.php?gt=event/event01
3. Excursion (for in-person participants)
– In the last announcement regarding the post-conference excursion, we suggested you book a one-way trip from Seoul to Daegu rather than a round trip when joining the excursion. As for your journey back to Seoul, PLEASE BOOK A KTX ticket from Gyeongju departs at 20:13. You can book your ticket from the KTX website here: https://rail.ninja/train/ktx-high-speed-train?utm_source=ktxtrains.com&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=menu
– Detailed information about the excursion is now on the conference homepage. http://www.iaspm2022.org/index.php?gt=event/event04
If you have any queries, please contact IASPM XXI 2022 Secretariat at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Hyunjoon Shin IASPM XXI 2022 Local Organizing Committee