Dear IASPM XXI 2022 participants,
We hope you had a great week. Here are a few important updates and information about the IASPM XXI 2022 conference.
1. In-person Attendance RSVP
– Since immigration regulations regarding COVID-19 have been relaxed due to the improved situation in South Korea, some of you are planning to attend the conference in-person.
– If you recently have changed your mode of attendance from online to in-person, please RSVP by sending an e-mail to us (firstname.lastname@example.org).
– Before making a decision to come to Daegu, please check the latest immigration regulations and guidelines here: http://www.iaspm2022.org/index.php?gt=tra/tra05
2. Keynote Speech (1): Britta Sweers – Listening, Memorizing, (Un-)Forgetting: Popular Music as a Climate-Related Knowledge Resource
– There will be three Keynote Sessions in the conference. This newsletter will walk you through each and every one of them.
– The first Keynote Speech will be given by Dr. Britta Sweers, Professor of Cultural Anthropology of Music at the Institute of Musicology at the University of Bern (Switzerland), on July 5 (Tue.), 9:00-10:30 am KST.
– Among three Keynote Speeches, this is the most pertinent to the main theme of IASPM XXI 2022: ‘Climates of Popular Music.’ Dr. Sweers’s presentation discusses the role of popular music in addressing unspoken human responses to environmental threats. Also, it highlights how popular music can reveal altering dystopian environmental climate-related visions.
– Full abstract and bio is available here: http://www.iaspm2022.org/index.php?gt=pro/pro01
3. Live Concert Streaming
– As a part of special events, there will be a live concert titled ‘Rendezvous in Daegu’ starring Jung-sun Lee Band and the Cosmic Abalone. Jung-sun Lee is a Korean legendary folk-rock musician. The Cosmic Abalone is a Daegu-based local guitar-pop band.
– The concert will be held in-person at the conference venue and live-streamed on July 6th, 19:00-21:00 KST. If you attend the conference in-person, you can get the free admission by registering in advance.
– Detailed information about the concert is available at: http://www.iaspm2022.org/index.php?gt=event/event01
4. Excursion (for in-person participants)
– The post-conference excursion to the K-Pop Museum in Gyeongju will be held on July 9th, 14:00-20:00. Information about the Museum is available at http://www.kpopmuseum.com/eng/
– The excursion fee will be KRW 50,000 (USD 40 approx.) including travel and admission.
– Please RSVP for the excursion by filling out the form by June 20 if you have not done it already: https://forms.gle/N9LnGZWL9BCbP7BY7
– Detailed information about the excursion will be available on the conference homepage soon.
5. Lunch During the Conference
– You will get the voucher for the cafeteria at the conference venue during the conference period. The cafeteria offers an all-you-can-eat buffet.
If you have any queries, please contact IASPM XXI 2022 Secretariat at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you soon.
Hyunjoon Shin IASPM XXI 2022 Local Organizing Committee