Call for Applications:
IASPM Journal Editorial Board Members
IASPM Journal is the international peer-reviewed open-access e-journal of the International Association for the Study of Popular Music (IASPM), published in two issues per year (https://iaspmjournal.net/index.php/IASPM_Journal) and indexed in SCOPUS indexing and citation system. All editorial work is carried out online, via the OJS (Online Journal System), from the preliminary reading of submissions, the peer-review stage and editorial decision-making, to copyediting, layout and final proofreading.
Two positions are now available on the IASPM Journal Editorial Board. The duration of the terms will be October 1, 2021-October 1, 2025. If you are interested, please fill the questionnaire (https://forms.gle/DC6Fm17M9qR9UCjX9) by August 1st 2021. We will announce the results of this call by October 2021.
Although we have a robust editorial board team at the moment, most members began at the same time, so the call for two new positions at this time is to ensure a smooth rotation of editorial board members in coming years.
Expectations of the editorial board involve copyediting and proofing articles that have gone through the peer review system, consulting at our annual board meetings, and contributing to other aspects of the journal. Members of our team without English language editing skills have also aided in calls for editorial board members and implementing internal guidelines for editorial board members, for example.
We encourage applications from within the body of IASPM members. Although the form asks for transparency of past experience, we also strive for a balance of training opportunities and expertise amongst board members. We also hope to represent as many of our branches, subject interests, and cultural backgrounds as possible within our board membership. This competition will be discussed within the Editorial Board, especially with regard to diversity, academic qualification and editorial experience.
Please find the requirements for the members of IASPM Journal Editorial Board:
• has a good knowledge of, and specialism in, the field of popular music studies;
• has good communication skills, and a working understanding of multicultural contexts, preferably with good control of the English language, and ideally at least one other IASPM branch language;
• has good organisational skills, is able to take initiative and is able to deliver to deadline;
• the position is usually held for 4 years, plus a 6-month handing-over period;
• can support guest editors in producing special topic issues and encouraging article submissions;
• can, in collaboration with the Chief Editor, act as Editor of article submissions;
• can, in collaboration with the Assistant Editors, ensure that accepted articles are processed adequately through copyediting, proofing and layout stages.
If you have some questions about the application process, do not hesitate to contact IASPM Journal editorial board members: Isabel Ferrer Senabre (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Marija Dumnić Vilotijević (email@example.com) (please, do not respond to IASPM listserv).