The Local Organizing Committee is pleased to invite you to the 21st Biennial Conference of the International Association for the Study of Popular Music to be held in Daegu, South Korea, for 5 days from July 6 to 10, 2021. Here are some latest updates on the conference, including the keynote speakers.
1) Thanks to popular demands, we decided to extend deadline for abstract submission for one month until 31 August 2020. The submission can be made through the IASPM 2021 website (http://iaspm2021.org/index.php?gt=abs/abs01)
* Abstract Submission: until August 31, 2020 (Korea time GMT+8)
2) The IASPM 2021 registration fee has been set. We will deliver you with the registration guide when the payment system is completed.
3) We are delighted to introduce you Keynote Speakers for IASPM 2021:
– Britta Sweers (Director of the Center for Global Studies at the University of Bern, Switzerland)
– Shuhei Hosokawa (Professor Emeritus at the International Research Center for Japanese Studies)
– Chan E. Park (Professor, Ohio State University, United States)
– Jung-Sun Lee (Singer-songwriter, Guitarist, and former professor of Seoul Arts University, Korea)
4) IASPM 2021will proceed as announced in spite of the uncertainty caused by COVID-19
Despite the on-going worldwide crisis of COVID-19, the local organizing committee is working hard to make IASPM 2021 in Daegu happen. Depending on the situation in 2021, the conference could take the form of real, virtual, or hybrid. We are preparing for every possible scenario to ensure IASPM 2021 to be a successful conference. IASPM 2021 will be greatly benefitted from host city Daegu’s world-class capacity for COVID-19 control. In close cooperation with Daegu Metropolitan City, we will make sure a safe and sound conference experience for all participants. Thank you!
For further details, please visit IASPM 2021 website at http://iaspm2021.org/index.php.