XIII International Symposium MUSICAL CREATION ON THE SOUNDTRACK
The Music and Audiovisual Languages Commission of the Spanish Society of Musicology (SEDEM), reminds about the upcoming 13th Symposium “Musical creation in the soundtrack”, on June 25-26, 2021.
All the information and the Call for Papers can be checked on our website:
We look forward to your participation. The thirteenth edition of the symposium will be carried out online due to the unpredictable situation with the corona pandemic.
For almost two decades the International Symposium “La creación musical en la banda sonora” has been a reference forum for research in audiovisual music in Spain. The first meeting took place in 2002.
THE SYMPOSIUM WILL FOCUS ON THESE THEMATIC AREAS:
* Sound and music in the cinema
* Audiovisual media and contemporary creation
* Music and cinema in Spain
* Film music criticism
* Semiotics and analysis of sound and music in audiovisuals
* The role of sound and music in advertising
* Music and video clip
* Music on television
* Sound and music in video games
* Musical production in the audiovisual
* The audiovisual in the music industry
* New models and platforms for listening, diffusion and reception
* New audiovisual proposals on the Internet
* Gender discourses in audiovisuals
* Didactics and audiovisual culture at different educational levels
* Music and audiovisual in education
CALL FOR PAPERS
Abstracts may be in Spanish or English, and will not exceed 300 words.
Proposals will be sent by mail in word (.doc, .docx) to firstname.lastname@example.org (this email is also available for questions or concerns)
The abstracts should include a title (and if necessary, subtitle), name of the author or authors (maximum 2), academic or professional affiliation, four keywords and a brief CV (10 lines).
Submission of proposals, until February 26, 2021.
Josep Lluís i Falcó and Diana Díaz, Directors of the Symposium