South African College of Music (SACM)
Faculty of Humanities
University of Cape Town
The South African College of Music within the Faculty of Humanities at the University of Cape Town, South Africa is expanding its Music Technology training programme to a four-year undergraduate major within a BMus degree and wishes to establish a full-time permanent academic post in Music Technology for this purpose.
• PhD for appointment at the level of Associate Professor (expected)
• Master’s degree for appointment at the level of Senior Lecturer (required)
• Expert-level understanding of and experience in working with recording systems
• Experience in lecturing at university level
• Familiarity with university graded course structures and theoretical practice in the field
• Practical knowledge of and skills in Music Production and Engineering
• Proven track record in the production of recorded works
Closing date: 23 March 2012
To view the full advertisement, application requirements and response details, please visit www.uct.ac.za and click on “vacancies”.