Music Research Forum is currently accepting scholarly articles in the field of music from outstanding graduate students and young professionals. The deadline for submissions for Volume 37 (to be published in late summer 2023) is Wednesday, January 18, 2023.
Music Research Forum is a peer-reviewed journal published annually by the Graduate Student Association of the University of Cincinnati College-Conservatory of Music. Articles will be considered in any area of music scholarship, including but not limited to musicology, theory, composition, ethnomusicology, ludomusicology, music education, electronic media, and criticism. Particularly encouraged are submissions relating to studies surrounding diversity, equity, and inclusion, popular music, gender and sexuality, trauma, disability, and social justice. Faculty are highly encouraged to pass this information along to students and recent graduates.
For over 30 years, Music Research Forum was printed and distributed to a subscriber base. Since Volume 32, Music Research Forum has been published on an open access, online platform which allows for the publication of articles with media components (see Music Research Forum).
Please contact the current editor, Abigail M. Ryan, at musforum -at- ucmail.uc.edu with any further questions or visit MRF online at https://journals.uc.edu/index.php/mrf/index .
Please send documents that adhere to the following requirements:
- Submit to Music Research Forum Article Submissions.
- Submit a Microsoft Word (.docx, .doc) file. Articles should be double-spaced and between 3,000 and 5,000 words in length.
- Include a cover sheet listing the author’s name, email address, phone number, postal address, and academic affiliation.
- Include an abstract of no more than 250 words.
- All materials, including footnote/endnote and resource list citations, should conform to The Chicago Manual of Style (17th edition) and to the style and submission specifications outlined in the MRF Author Guidelines.
- Articles that include music, audio, and video examples are encouraged, all rights to be cleared by the author. Please send separate image, sound, and video files, even if the media should appear embedded in the text. We accept the following media formats:
- image (.tiff, .pdf, .jpg)
- typeset music (.emf, .pdf, .svg, .eps)
- sound (preferably uncompressed audio: .wav, .aiff)
- video (.avi, .mp4, .flv)