Subcultures Network International Conference
Date: 13 April – 14 April 2023
Venue:Frenchay Campus, UWE, Bristol
The Subcultures Network wishes to celebrate the diversity of disciplines, scholars, researchers and writers who have been involved in the Network over the past twelve years.
But we also aim to encourage those who haven’t been to one of our events before to submit abstracts and come and share their ideas, research and knowledge with us.
The conference offers an ‘open’ call for papers, but suggests papers that engage with such subject areas and themes as:
- Youth culture and politics
- Gender, identity and power in popular music
- Cities and music cultures
- Music genre and society
- Popular music and politics
- Ethnicity and its relationship with popular music and youth culture
- Youth culture and sexuality
- Pop music and sexuality Nation, traditionalism and music cultures
- Music industry and its relationship with popular music and musicians
- DIY culture and music making
- Technology and its impacts on popular music
- Clubs and pubs
- Spaces and places
How to attend:
Please submit your abstracts, which will include the title, a 200 word abstract with 5 Key words, institution or affiliation and contact details to email@example.com by the 7 January 2023.
Conference fees – £50 for Salaried Academics, £25 for part time academics free for Post Grads and Students (registration link TBC).
More information about Subcultures Network – International Conference