III International Conference on Sonorities Research (CIPS) –
Sounds of the End of the World
June 7th to 9th, 2023
Fluminense Federal University (UFF) – Niterói/RJ – Brazil
The organizing committee of the III CIPS – Sounds of the End of the World is pleased to announce the professor and researcher Ana María Ochoa Gautier (Tulane University) as one of our keynote speakers. Soon, we will announce the other guests of this edition.
We also announce that the deadline for the submission of proposals (abstracts and artistic performances) for CIPS III has been extended to January 22.
Some of the perspectives, but not the only ones, that interest this conference are:
- Sound ecologies: Anthropocene, creation and entropy;
- Sound identities: Post-coloniality; Decoloniality; Afro-futurisms; Amerindian Perspectivism;
- Technologies and production models: the sound project of late capitalism;
- Collective fear, emotions, media and music;
- Listening modes, signs and sound affections in times of capitalist realism;
- Struggles, Resistances, Insurgencies: Sound, Listening and Survival in a World at Risk.
The III CIPS will be predominantly a face-to-face event, but will offer the possibility of online presentation for a limited number of proposals (approved by the scientific committee) by authors located outside the Southeast region of Brazil or outside Brazil.
Proposals can be submitted in Portuguese, Spanish or English.
For more information and specification for the submission of proposals, visit www.sonoridades.net