Tuesday 11 December, 12:00-6:00.
– Find out more about Nottingham’s distinctive MA in Music (with pathways in Early Music, Music and Gender Studies, Music and Geography, Music and Film, Theory and Analysis) and research degrees in musicology and composition.
– Find out about funding opportunities.
– Talk with staff and current students.
– Tour the Music Department and the Graduate School.
– Attend and participate in two postgraduate research events.
– Attend a colloquium in the Music/Geography “Spaces of Sound” series.
12:00 Buffet lunch and introduction to Nottingham’s postgraduate programmes in Music
2:00 Postgraduate Reading Group (discussing Susan McClary’s ‘A Musical Dialectic from the Enlightenment: Mozart’s Piano Concerto in G major, K. 453, Movement 2’, Cultural Critique 4 (Autumn 1986), pp. 129-69)
3:45 Coffee and tea
4:30 Music/Geography Spaces of Sound seminar: Dr Polly McMichael (Department of Russian and Slavonic Studies, University of Nottingham), ‘Constructing the Soviet Rock Star’
Please address any queries to the Postgraduate Admissions Officer, Adam Krims